Should I Include My GPA?
The simple answer is it's up to you!
GPAs are completely optional on your resume. Adding a GPA can make your resume stronger overall, especially if you have above a 3.0. Here are the most common reasons to include or omit your GPA:
Reasons to include:
- Job application requirements
- Above a 3.0 (higher GPAs can help you stand out)
- You are right out of college (companies may look at your GPA as a reflection of your work ethic)
Reasons to omit:
- You don't have one (you may be a first-year student who does not yet have an accumulated GPA)
- Lower than 3.0 (a low GPA isn't necessarily bad, it's just not communicated clearly through resume)
- You have multiple years of work experience
Take these reasons into consideration, THEN decide if you want to include or omit your resume!